Friday, July 13, 2012

Breaking "Rules"

      “Well-behaved women rarely make history”~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

A few weeks ago I was sitting at the beach thinking about all the swimming "rules" I was taught as a kid that I was breaking...

1. Don't swim alone (have a buddy).
2. Don't go out past the ropes.
3. Don't use floatation devices.
4. Don't swim right after you eat.
5. Don't be in the sun without sunscreen.
6. Don't be out in the sun between 1:00pm and 2:00pm

... and wondering what other "rules" I have developed in life do I need to be breaking? Because right now breaking these "rules" seems pretty NICE!

"Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." ~Nora Ephron

No comments:

Post a Comment