Monday, December 28, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

This is a repeat blog. I received the DVD for a present and thought this was worth repeating.


While going through "The Artist Way" course I have been taking my artist self on "dates". I am not sure how to "date" so I just do what seems like fun at the time.




I had heard that the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" was a must see movie. Oprah had said it is a love story like no other you have ever seen. Since one of my goal rocks for 2009 is LOVE decided to go see it. I rarely go to a movie theater but I would have to say it is better that way. I tend to fall asleep when I am watching a movie at home.



I don't want to ruin the experience for others but I want to tell how it impacted my life. I did cry during the movie, but when I got in my car after the movie I sobbed.



The movie is gut wrenching to say the least. My stomach was in knots several times. The story is set in India and is based on their version of the game show "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire". The contestant on the show is from the bottom of society in India. They are amazed because he is able to know the answer to the questions and he keeps moving up the ladder of questions on the game show. While not giving too much of the movie to you he knows the answers because of every BAD thing that has happened to him in his life.



My sobbing experience in the car was a personal one that I took from the movie....I know the answers to all the BIG questions in my life because of all the "BAD" things that have happened in my life. Sobbing because my life is not just a jumbled mess...it has a plan.... it has a purpose.



As you can probably tell I highly recommend this movie. Just be ready for the full range of emotions to course through your body. When you do see it let me know I want to talk about it to somebody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment